What are 4 characteristics of enzymes?
Characteristics of an Enzyme :
- Speed up chemical reactions.
- They are required in minute amounts.
- They are highly specific in their action.
- They are affected by temperature.
- They are affected by pH.
- Some catalyze reversible reactions.
- Some require coenzymes.
- They are inhibited by inhibitors.
Which statement is true of enzyme activity?
Which statement regarding enzyme activity is CORRECT? Enzymes bind their substrates better than the transition state. Enzymes bind the transition state better than the reaction products. Enzymes reduce the activation energy required for the reaction to take place.