What does this quote mean from the Lord of the Flies?
What is a quote from piggy in Chapter 2 of Lord of the Flies?
What is Piggy’s real name?
What are some quotes in Lord of the Flies Chapter 3?
What does it mean when someone says Lord of the Flies?
What are some important quotes from the Lord of the Flies?
Jack’s ‘Lord Of The Flies’ Quotes
- I ought to be chief
- I agree with Ralph.
- His specs – use them as burning glasses!
- We’re strong – we hunt!
- The mask was a thing on its own, behind which Jack hid, liberated from shame and self-consciousness.
- Ralph is like Piggy.
What are some of Piggy’s quotes?
- Didn’t you hear what the pilot said?
- Acting like a crowd of kids!
- Give me my specs!
- That little ‘un that had a mark on his facewhere is he now?
- I know there isn’t no beastnot with claws and all that, I meanbut I know there isn’t no fear, either
What does piggy say about the fire in Chapter 2?
What are some quotes from Lord of the Flies Chapter 2?
Terms in this set (11)
- ‘hands up’ civilisation.
- ‘conch’ symbol of democracy.
- Littlun: ‘snake-thing’,’beastie’ first mention of the beast/religious connotations.
- Jack: ‘if there is a snake we’d hunt it and kill it’
- Piggy: ‘where is he now?’
- ‘[the murmur] died away’
- ‘the crowd was as silent as death.
What does Piggy fear in Lord of the Flies Chapter 2?
What is Piggy’s real name in the book?
Do we ever find out Piggy’s real name?
Why does Piggy not have a real name?
Who gave piggy his nickname?
What are important quotes in Lord of the Flies Chapter 3?
Terms in this set (7)
- Jack: ‘Needed that’
- ‘[Jack appeared to be] maddening’
- ‘uncomfortably on all fours’
- Jack: ‘compulsion to track down and kill that was swallowing him up’
- ‘We want meat’
- Jack: ‘The madness came back into his eyes, I thought I might kill.’
What happens in chapter 3 Lord of the Flies?
Carrying a stick sharpened into a makeshift spear, Jack trails a pig through the thick jungle, but it evades him. Irritated, he walks back to the beach, where he finds Ralph and Simon at work building huts for the younger boys to live in.