What is an important quote in Chapter 1 of Lord of the Flies?
What is the most important quote in The Lord of the Flies?
What is Chapter 1 of Lord of the Flies about?
How is piggy described in Lord of the Flies in Chapter 1?
What happened in Chapter 1 Lord of the Flies?
What are some important quotes from Roger in Lord of the Flies?
What is Piggy’s real name?
Terms in this set (13)
- ‘There was a slight, furtive boy whom no-one knew who kept to himself with an inner intensity of avoidance and secrecy ‘
- ‘Let’s have a vote’
- ‘You couldn’t stop me coming if I wanted’
- ‘Some source of power began to pulse in Roger’s body’
- ‘Roger stooped picked up a stone, aimed and threw it to miss’
What is the most important scene in Lord of the Flies?
What are some important quotes from Piggy in Lord of the Flies?
- Didn’t you hear what the pilot said?
- Acting like a crowd of kids!
- Give me my specs!
- That little ‘un that had a mark on his facewhere is he now?
- I know there isn’t no beastnot with claws and all that, I meanbut I know there isn’t no fear, either
What does this quote mean from the Lord of the Flies?
Who faints in chapter 1 of The Lord of the Flies?
What is the significance of the title of chapter 1 in Lord of the Flies?
Chapter 1 is called The Sound of the Shell. This refers to the conch shell which Piggy finds on the beach. He gives the shell to Ralph and shows him how to blow it. When Ralph blows the shell all of the other children assemble.
What happens in the beginning of Lord of the Flies?
What is chapter 2 of Lord of the Flies about?
When the explorers return, Ralph sounds the conch shell, summoning the boys to another meeting on the beach. He tells the group that there are no adults on the island and that they need to organize a few things to look after themselves.