What is the stress in the word remember?
Stressed syllable in remember: re-mem-ber.
How do you divide words into syllables?
Here’s the procedure:
- Look at the word. Circle the vowel sounds with red.
- Underline the consonants BETWEEN the vowels (don’t worry about the other consonants).
- Determine which syllable division rule (VC/CV, V/CV, VC/V, or V/V) applies.
- Cut or mark the word accordingly.
- Read the word.
Is Memories 2 or 3 syllables?
Wondering why memories is 3 syllables?
How do you find the stress of a word?
A stressed syllable combines five features:
- It is l-o-n-g-e-r – com p-u-ter.
- It is LOUDER – comPUTer.
- It has a change in pitch from the syllables coming before and afterwards.
- It is said more clearly -The vowel sound is purer.
- It uses larger facial movements – Look in the mirror when you say the word.
How do you know which syllable is stressed?
Word Stress Rules.ruleexamplesMost 2-syllable verbspreSENT exPORT deCIDE beGIN
What is the stress word in?
A stressed syllable is the part of a word that you say with greater emphasis than the other syllables. Alternatively, an unstressed syllable is a part of a word that you say with less emphasis than the stressed syllable(s).